Guitar Center Cover Me with Zedd
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL DETERMINATIONS MADE BY CONTEST SPONSOR ARE FINAL. ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- OVERVIEW: The Guitar Center Cover Me with Zedd Contest ("Contest") consists of two parts (i) a phase that measures and ranks the online activity (as defined and set forth in Paragraph 5, below) of each Entrant's Submission (as defined below) and whereby ten (10) weekly leaders (the " Top Ten Weekly") are selected per week of the Contest Period based on such ranking (collectively, "Round One"); and (ii) the grand prize round (the "Grand Prize Round") whereby the Judging Panel (as defined below) will judge and choose the Winner of the Grand Prize (as defined below) as set forth herein. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant (as defined below) agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individual artists who: (i) are legal residents of the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia (excluding HI, AK and Puerto Rico); (ii) at the time of entry are at least 16 years of age or older; (iii) from the time of entry throughout the Contest Period (as defined below) are not, individually, or as part of any musical group: (a) under an exclusive recording contract and/or a recording contract with a "major" record label or distributed by a "major" distributor or record label (as determined by Sponsor) or (b) bound by a contract with any publisher or label under an exclusive agreement or contractual arrangement which would prohibit such individual from participation hereunder or restrict rights and/or obligations as provided for in these Official Rules or where Entrant's acceptance of any prize awarded herein would violate the terms of such contract; (iv) have not received adjusted gross earnings in excess of $100,000 for the prior tax year from their professional musical activities (not including any teaching or instruction of music); (v) are not Contest Parties or Prize Partners as further set forth and defined below; and (vi) are not related to or an acquaintance of any of the individuals on the Judging Panel (collectively, the "Eligibility Criteria "). For purposes of this Contest an "individual artist" is one single person who has produced his/her own musical sound recordings. For purposes of this Contest, "Designated Agent" means the person who actually submits the Submission (as defined below) on behalf of himself/herself individually or on behalf of an individual which he/she manages. With respect to participation by any minor (as defined in his or her state of residence), such individual shall clear his or her participation in this Contest and his or her understanding of the Official Rules in connection herewith with his or her respective parent and/or legal guardian(s) who shall be a Designated Agent for such individual hereunder. " Entrant" shall mean the individual whose name is entered as the "Entrant" during the registration process and who is also featured as the individual musician in the Submission (as defined below). Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Guitar Center Stores, Inc. ("Sponsor"), Amplifier Media, Inc. (" Administrator"), Zedd ("Artist"), other Prize Partners (as defined below), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, promotional partners, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Affiliated Parties") involved in the administration, development, providing of prizes and execution of this Contest, and the immediate family members and those living in the same households of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Sponsor and Administrator and their respective Affiliated Parties are hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Contest Parties". Prize providers and their respective Affiliated Parties are hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Prize Partners". For the avoidance of doubt, if it is found, at any time during or after the Contest Period (as defined below), that any of the eligibility criteria above are not met with respect to any Entrant, such Entrant may be disqualified from the Contest (as determined by Sponsor).
- TIMING: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on May 1, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 9, 2015 (the " Contest Period"). All Submissions must be entered into the Contest between 12:00:00 a.m. ET on May 1, 2015 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 3, 2015 (the "Submission Period"). All Submissions must be received by Sponsor as required herein prior to the expiration of the Submission Period. Administrator's server shall be official clock of the Contest.
- Once the registration form has been completed and submitted, the Designated Agent must upload the Submission video(s) onto YouTube, then copy and paste the YouTube URL of the video(s) into the Contest platform Channel Manager to display the video in Entrant's timeline. Sponsor is not responsible if video URLs are copied or uploaded incorrectly. For their Submission, Entrants must submit either: (i) one (1) video from Part A or Part B below: (ii) or two (2) videos, one (1) from Part A and one from Part B below.
- Entrant's Submission videos must remain on Entrant's YouTube account and Entrant must remain a YouTube account holder, through the end of the Contest Period and for a period of at least sixty (60) days thereafter.
- All Submissions must meet all Submission Requirements set forth below in order to be eligible, must comply with the Official Rules and the then-current YouTube terms of service.
A submission ("Submission") consists of either one (1) video from either of the two parts, or two (2) videos, one (1) each from both of the two (2) parts:
- Part A: one (1) video created by Entrant featuring a Remix (defined below), no longer than seven (7) minutes in length. "Remix" shall mean one (1) original recording embodying an original musical composition recorded in a format compatible with the specifications as set forth by YouTube and incorporating a substantial portion of the stems from the Zedd musical track, entitled "I Want You To Know", to be posted on or before July 3rd, 2015, on the Website (the "Zedd Track"). The Zedd Track stems downloaded from the website in conjunction with this Contest are being provided solely for the purpose of the Contest and the Remix to be submitted hereunder. No further rights are granted in the Zedd Track and no other use of the Zedd Track or the stems thereof shall be permitted except as specifically set forth herein. By "original", this means that all Remixes must be composed of: (a) original content, music, sounds, loops, creations or other components (collectively, "content") created by Entrant; (b) content that the Entrant has acquired the necessary license or rights from the appropriate copyright holder (for the avoidance of doubt, a limited license to use the Zedd Track solely in connection with the Remix hereunder is hereby granted to Entrant solely for the Contest Period in connection with the Contest); and (c) compositions submitted consistent with these Official Rules, the YouTube terms of service and the permissions and rights provided herein.
- Part B: one (1), performance oriented video(s) of Entrant performing an original Cover (defined below) recording(s) no longer than seven (7) minutes in length each. "Cover" shall mean an original recording which embodies the musical composition featured in the Zedd Track, "I Want to Know" that must be composed of: (a) original content created by Entrant; (b) content that Entrant has acquired the necessary license or rights from the appropriate copyright holder; and (c) compositions submitted consistent with these Official Rules, the YouTube terms of service and the permissions and rights provided herein.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Entrant is solely responsible for ensuring it has any and all licenses and rights for the content included in his or her Submission, except for the Zedd Track and the composition featured in the Zedd Track. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion and/or at the request of any third party copyright holder, to require documentation evidencing any clearances or licenses to any and all content used in an Entrant's Submission, and as applicable with respect to use of any portion of any pre-existing works with respect to any Remix or Cover submitted hereunder and at any point during and after the Contest Period. In the event that any Entrant is unable to provide sufficient evidence of its rights to use any third party property or materials in connection with its Submission, Sponsor may disqualify Entrant from the Contest in its sole discretion.
*No Sponsorship, endorsement or authorization of the Contest Parties or Prize Parties by YouTube is intended or implied by such use in this Contest; nor is YouTube associated with the Contest in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints about the Contest should be directed to Sponsor. Except for content specifically uploaded to Entrant's YouTube account, all other information and content is being provided to Sponsor and Administrator. It is the sole responsibility of the Designated Agent and Entrant to review and comply with all policies of YouTube (including, but not limited to any terms of service, community guidelines and privacy policies).
ONLY ONE SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM EACH ENTRANT . By uploading a Submission in the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents hereby warrant and represent that the entire Submission meets the following entry requirements (collectively, the "Submission Requirements"):
• Except for the sound recordings and composition embodied in the Zedd Track, Remixes and Covers are original works composed by Entrant and controlled by Entrant and Entrant has the right to use and perform the Remix and Mix(es) throughout the Contest and after the Contest as contemplated hereunder in all regards and grant the rights herein;
• Submission is not sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, and does not contain nudity;
• Submission does not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Submission is not obscene or offensive and does not endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Submission does not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies, including Contest Parties and Prize Partners;
• Submission does not contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without written permission, and does not contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Submission does not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical material or "samples" other than the Zedd Track and the composition embodied in the Zedd Track, provided or portions of songs otherwise licensed in writing from the applicable copyright holder or its designee for the uses permitted hereunder);
• Submission does not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the Entrant, without written permission;
• Submission has been submitted with consent of parent and/or legal guardian if Entrant is a minor, as defined in Entrant's state of residence;
• Submission does not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Contest Parties or Prize Partners wish to associate or otherwise be objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Sponsor; and
• Submission is not and does not depict a violation of any law or regulation.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: Winner selection will occur in two (2) stages, as follows:
ROUND ONE: During the Contest Period, the Contest platform will track each Submission's popularity using a proprietary ranking algorithm ("online activity"). Online activity tracking will be measured weekly throughout the Contest Period. Each week during the Contest Period, the Contest platform will identify the ten (10) Entrants with the highest online activity during that week (the Top Ten Weekly and the "Weekly Ranking" respectively). Each Entrant who's Submission (i) is in the Top Ten Weekly (in the highest Weekly Ranking) as determined by Administrator and (ii) also meets the Submission Requirements is guaranteed to have at least one (1) work from their Submission be reviewed by the Judging Panel in the Grand Prize Round. In the event that an Entrant has a Top Ten Weekly ranking in the Weekly Ranking on more than one occasion, the Judging Panel shall also review the next highest ranked Entrant so that there are a total of one-hundred (100) Entrants that are guaranteed to have at least one (1) work in their Submission be reviewed by the Judging Panel (the "Finalists") in the Grand Prize Round. Any attempt by a Designated Agent or an Entrant and/or his or her family/friends to use fraudulent mechanisms to unfairly affect the outcome, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify the Entrant. Entrants will not be notified if they are being judged in the Grand Prize Round.
GRAND PRIZE ROUND: At the end of the Contest Period a qualified panel of judges which may include Zedd, which in any case shall include electronic dance music industry professionals and/or Sponsor executives, each possessing knowledge and/or experience concerning electronic dance music abilities in the music industry (the "Judging Panel"), as determined by Sponsor, will review and judge the Submissions of the one-hundred (100) top Entrants based on the ranking and process described in the Round One above. In the event that the Judging Panel, in its sole discretion, believes that it needs to draw from a larger number of Entrants, the Judging Panel reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to review additional Entrants. Except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, only the top one hundred (100) Entrants chosen as described in Round One above are guaranteed to be judged by the Judging Panel and, for the avoidance of doubt, only if such Entrants have not otherwise been disqualified pursuant to these Official Rules. After the close of the Content Period, the Judging Panel will select the Grand Prize winning Entrant (the "Winner") using the Judging Criteria set forth below.
- JUDGING CRITERIA: The Winner will be selected by the Judging Panel based on the following criteria: (i) melody, tune, originality, demonstration of technical ability and emotional and creative quality of music; (ii) commercial viability of Remix and Mix(es) presented in Submission and Entrant, and which may or may not include consideration of the online activity in connection with such Entrant; and (iii) Entrant entertainment value (collectively, the " Judging Criteria"). The Judging Panel will decide the Winner in its sole discretion. One Winner will be selected. THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGING PANEL ARE FINAL AND BINDING AS TO ALL ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS.
- NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential Winner will be notified on or around early-August 2015, by telephone and/or email using the contact information provided during registration by the Designated Agent, that they have been selected to potentially advance to the Grand Prize Round. Potential Winner will then be provided with (i) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability/Publicity agreement and (ii) any additional documentation required by Sponsor (the " Releases"). Additional documentation will include a License Agreement with Interscope Records and such other documents as otherwise required by Sponsor. All Releases and other required forms must be returned by Entrant within five (5) calendar days of the date of notification or other date provided by Sponsor before the Entrant can be declared the Winner. If potential Winner (a) fails to execute required documentation in the designated time period; (b) has his/her prize notification returned; (c) does not respond to Sponsor's notification within five (5) calendar days of notification; (d) is unavailable to travel to the Single Recording (defined below); or (e) otherwise is found to have violated the Official Rules or to have otherwise become ineligible will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential Winner. If at any time and for any reason a potential Winner or Winner becomes ineligible or unable to participate in the Single Recording, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts, time and circumstances permitting, to choose an alternative Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or about mid-August 2015.
ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded and will consist of:
Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) in cash.
A trip (or trips) to Los Angeles, CA ("Trip(s)"). The Trip(s) will include one (1) day of studio time with Zedd and a meeting with management executives from Interscope Records, a mentoring session with Blood Company, and a VIP Experience at Nocturnal Wonderland. The Trip(s) will include round trip coach airfare from the nearest metropolitan airport for the Winner; transportation from airport to hotel and to and from the studio, Interscope Records, Nocturnal Wonderland Festival, and Blood Company; single occupancy hotel accommodations of Sponsor's choice; duration of Trip(s) to be determined by Sponsor to accommodate fulfillment of the prize. If Winner lives within a 300-mile radius of the greater Los Angeles area, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided in place of the air transportation portion of the prize. The ARV of the Trip is $2,500. The ARV of the mentoring session and meetings are indeterminable.
One (1) 8DM/DIO Bundle 1 and an invitation to the exclusive V8P loyalty program (ARV: $8,850)
One (1) GoPro HERO Music Bundle with one (1) GoPro complete accessory pack (ARV: $1,340)
One (1) Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 MKII and one (1) Komplete 10 Ultimate (ARV: $1,700)
One (1) Pioneer DJM-900 nexus one (1) 4-Channel Professional DJ mixer (ARV: $2,000)
Two (2) QSC K12 Powered PA Speakers and one (1) QSC KW181 Powered Sub-Woofer (ARV: $3,000)
One (1) Roland FA-08 88-key Workstation (ARV: $1800)
A write up in DJ Mag USA (ARV undeterminable)
A feature with Insomniac and a VIP Experience at Nocturnal Wonderland (ARV undeterminable)
Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $31,190
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE TERMS:
Unless specifically stated above, Winner is responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with the prizes (if any), including, but not limited to, transportation, transportation/transfers to and from their respective residences, airports, and hotels; any taxes, duties, fees, or other charges imposed by airlines, hotels and governmental bodies; food; gratuities; personal conveniences and expenses; and insurance. If the Grand Prize winning Entrant is an eligible minor as defined in his/her state of residence, Winner must be accompanied for any travel in connection with this Contest, including the Trip, by his/her parent/legal guardian, and the parent/legal guardian must consent to the minor winning the Contest (including any travel in connection herewith), such consent to be included in the Releases returned by the potential Grand Prize winner. All travel dates and travel and hotel arrangements are subject to change and availability, holiday and blackout dates. Additional travel conditions, limitations, and restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, or prize items.
Actual retail value of the travel portion of prize will vary depending on the Winner's residence and may fluctuate due to market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g., air transportation and hotel rates), and other reasons; actual retail value at time of actual prize award may be different than ARV stated herein due to such conditions. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of prizes will not be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize. Selection of airline, hotel, dates of travel and other transportation are solely within Sponsor's sole discretion. Winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, through no fault of Winner, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prizes are a single indivisible package; and any refusal of the Winner (or potential Winner as the case may be) to accept any terms or any portion of a prize package or any attempt to transfer, sell, fail to cooperate with, renounce, repudiate and/or refuse any part of a prize package may immediately disqualify the Winner (or potential Winner) from the Contest and/or cause such Winner (or potential Winner) to forfeit all or any portion of the prize package in the Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of disqualification of the Winner, Sponsor may select the Entrant with the next highest ranking as determined by the Judging Panel during the Grand Prize Round as the alternate potential Winner. In the event the Winner is unable for any reason to attend or complete the Single Recording, through no fault of Sponsor, then all or any remaining portion of such prize shall be forfeited and the Contest Parties and Prize Partners shall have no further obligation or liability to Winner with respect to said prize. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
- ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, GRANT OF RIGHTS: BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION, ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT (A) THE SUBMISSION MAY BE POSTED, IN SPONSOR'S DISCRETION, ON CONTEST PARTIES' AND/OR SPONSOR'S AND/OR PRIZE PARTNERS' WEBSITE(S) IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, SUBJECT TO YOUTUBE'S LICENSING AGREEMENT AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SUBMISSION ON THE YOUTUBE WEBSITE; AND (B) THE REMIX AND MIX(ES) AND THE SONG (INCLUDING THE MUSICAL COMPOSITION AND CORRESPONDING MASTER RECORDING) PRODUCED PURSUANT TO THE SINGLE RECORDING MAY BE POSTED ON CONTEST PARTIES' AND/OR SPONSOR'S AND/OR PRIZE PARTNERS' WEBSITE(S) AND OTHERWISE PUBLISHED, AIRED OR DISPLAYED BY CONTEST PARTIES AND/OR PRIZE PARTNERS' IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST. Entrants and Designated Agent warrant and represent that their entry into the Contest and/or winning of any prize does not and will not violate the terms of any agreement to which they are a party, including but not limited to, any music publishing agreement, distribution agreement, recording agreement, production agreement, or union or guild agreement, or conflict with any other obligation of Entrants or Designated Agent. Further, Entrants and Designated Agents warrant and represent that the Submission: (i) is, other than as permitted hereunder with respect to use of the Zedd Track in the Remix or the composition embodied in the Zedd Track for the Cover, Entrant's original work (and is not based on or derived from any other materials) and embodies an original musical composition written and controlled by Entrant and Entrant has the right to use and perform the Submission throughout the Contest in all regards and grant the rights herein without the need for permission from or payment to any other party; (ii) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (iii) Designated Agents have obtained written permission from Entrant and each person whose name, likeness, voice or other intellectual property is used in the Submission to enter Entrant (and his/her Submission) in Contest; and (iv) the publication of the Submission via various media (including web posting) will not infringe the rights of any third party. EACH ENTRANT AND SUCH ENTRANT'S DESIGNATED AGENT (IF APPLICABLE) WILL, JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS (I.E., EACH OF ENTRANT AND SUCH ENTRANT'S AGENT WILL BE FULLY LIABLE, INDIVIDUALLY, TO PAY ANY AND ALL DAMAGES), SPONSOR AND THE OTHER CONTEST PARTIES AND/OR PRIZE PARTNERS FROM ANY FEES, ROYALTIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (COLLECTIVELY, "COSTS") ARISING OUT OF ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, LAWSUITS, COMPLAINTS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, ("CLAIMS") TO THE CONTRARY AND ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ENTRANT'S SUBMISSION OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR EACH OF THE CONTEST PARTIES' AND/OR EACH OF THE PRIZE PARTNERS' EXERCISE OF THE RIGHTS GRANTED AND CONTEMPLATED HEREIN.
By submitting a Submission and thereby entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents grant to each of the Contest Parties and each of the Prize Partners, a worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free right and license to use, display, distribute, reproduce, host, publish, transmit and publicly perform (and Entrants and Designated Agents grants all necessary rights required to make such use, including but not limited to distribution rights, synchronization rights and all master recording rights), the Submission, the song produced pursuant to the Single Recording, their individual name (first and/or last), musical/professional name (if any) or other identification, their hometown, place of residence, entry information uploaded to the Website, photo, image, voice, and likeness, in connection with the Contest and/or Submission in any manner and in any media and content whether now existing or hereinafter devised, without any restrictions, including without limitation, by means of electronic transmission or other means, in future trade, publicity and/or advertising for such Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners products and/or services, unless prohibited by law. Entrants and Designated Agents further agree: (i) that each of the Contest Parties and/or each of the Prize Partners may exercise any and all rights hereunder without attribution, notification or compensation to Entrants or Designated Agents; (ii) that each of the Contest Parties and/or each of the Prize Partners shall have the right to freely assign their rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by Entrant or Designated Agent; (iii) that the Contest Parties and/or the Prize Partners shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use the Submission (or any part thereof), or song produced pursuant to the Single Recording in any manner (other than as expressly stated herein) and Entrants and Designated Agent shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of the Contest Parties and/or the Prize Partners use or non-use of Entrants' Submission (or any part thereof) or the Single Recording; (iv) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges; (v) that Entrants and Designated Agent may be contacted by any of the Contest Parties and/or any of the Prize Partners by telephone, mail or email regarding this Contest; and (vi) to sign and deliver to such Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners any documents as such Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners may reasonably require to effectuate the rights granted herein and/or verify the obligations of Entrant hereunder.
Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Single Recording may be recorded by the Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners in electronic, audio and/or video formats for possible broadcast on television, the Internet and/or in any and all media whether now existing or later invented. As between Sponsor and Winner, Sponsor or its designee shall own any and all rights to such Single Recording and may use such recording, in whole or in part, for any lawful purpose without further notice or compensation to Winner. Winner agrees that, upon request, it will execute any and all such documents or take any such actions deemed necessary by Sponsor to effect, record or perfect Sponsor's, or its designee's, ownership rights to such recordings.
- GENERAL TERMS: Sponsor or its designated representative has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor/screen entries and Entrant's Contest account. By entering, Entrant and Designated Agent acknowledge that Sponsor and Administrator have no obligation to use or post any Submission or permit any Entrant to participate who enters a Submission that violates or is not eligible under these Official Rules. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof. any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this CONTEST, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws - and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Proof of entering or making a Submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor of entry. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all Submissions affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Persons engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By participating, Entrants and Designated Agents agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Judging Panel and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. In addition, Entrants and Designated Agents agree to receive news and offers from Sponsor and Sponsor's affiliates and promotional partners. Sponsor reserves the right to make changes or additions to these Official Rules and/or change the dates of the Contest at any time without further notice. This Contest is offered only in the contiguous 48 states of the U.S. and the District of Columbia, and is governed by the laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrants and Designated Agents consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Los Angeles, California for the resolution of any disputes.
THE ENFORCEMENT AND INTERPRETATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES SHALL BE EXCLUSIVELY DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. ALL ENTRANTS AND DESIGNATED AGENTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL SUCH SPONSOR DETERMINATIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH DETERMINATIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-APPEALABLE.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Sponsor and other Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners are not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; (e) failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (f) any inability to upload or download any information in connection with participation in the Contest; (g) inaccessibility of Contest platform or the Website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (h) lost, late, delayed, corrupted or intercepted e-mail or Submission transmissions; (i) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (j) destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to, undeliverable contact attempts that result from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's account to receive e-mail; (k) any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website or Contest platform; (ii) flood, earthquake or other acts of God; (iii) work stoppages or other labor interruptions; or (iv) any personal injury, or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website, contest platform or the download of any information from the Website or Contest platform.
Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and other Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and prize providers (collectively "Released Parties" and individually "Released Party") maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing services, products, or accommodations supplied by others as a part of the Contest. Entrant and Designated Agent agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors (collectively, "Suppliers"); (ii) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, accessories, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or used by any of those Suppliers; (iii) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not directly employed by that Released Party; or (iv) by any cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of that Released Party. Entrant and Designated Agent hereby waive, release and discharge each Released Party from and against any claims, damages or liability, even if caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of the Released Party, for any injury (including to person, property or reputation), damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity or from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
By entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents acknowledge that they are familiar with the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Accordingly, by entering the Contest, Entrants and Designated Agents (on their behalf and on behalf of their heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns of any of the foregoing, and all other persons and entities asserting rights of or acting on behalf of the entrant) hereby waive and relinquish any right or benefit which Entrant, Designated Agent or such persons has, have or may have against Sponsor and the other Contest Parties and/or Prize Partners under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, or under any similar statutory or common law of any other jurisdiction to the full extent that any such person may lawfully waive such rights and benefits pertaining to the releases set forth in these Official Rules, the Website and Contest platform TOU and applicable privacy policies.
In the event of early termination of the Contest for any reason at Sponsor's sole discretion, a notice will be posted on the Website and Contest platform and judging will be conducted from among the eligible Entrants received prior to termination using the process described in Paragraphs 5 and 6.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Winner list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Guitar Center Cover Me with Zedd" Winner's List, c/o Guitar Center Stores, Inc., P.O. Box 5111, Thousand Oaks, CA 91359-5111, to be received no later than March 31, 2016.
- SPONSOR: Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362
- ADMINISTRATOR : Amplifier Media, Inc., 99 Madison Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10016.
TM and © 2015. Guitar Center Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.